Monday 23 February 2015

Valentines day

Another year... another valentines day!

So this is my first ever fashion blog post so I should make it a good one, and what’s more interesting and fun than Valentines weekend? Especially with all the amazing fashion statements out there at the moment... what’s more to like?
I've been with my man for over two years now and this was our third valentines day together so I wanted to make it special. At first I was looking for a red dress (to go with the valentines theme of course, red is the colour of love after all isn't it?) and being a third Spanish my skin has always looked lovely against dark shades of vibrant red. After a few hours of browsing, I finally found the perfect outfit from my favourite online clothes store Missguided
After searching for the perfect red dress, I chose to go with camel colour instead. Thinking about it: it’s universally flattering (I used to be unsure about the colour because it's very near yellow and close to skin coloured), however, it does wonders for the moody autumn/winter looks! AND makes a nice change from our usual black, white and grey approaches to the classic, fashionable outfits during those cold times of the year.

So I was originally looking for a dress (preferably a backless midi style) however, I came across this beautiful Kimmy K style co-ord. I've not always been a massive fan of Kimmy however the girl can dress.. I'll give her that.



Co-ords have always been my favourite. I've always felt in my element in a co-ord because it enhances my tiny waist and always hides the parts of me I’m most insecure about.


This co-ord in particular was very tight fitting, something I don’t normally go for in a co-ord. However, I couldn't resist its beautiful colour and style as I have personally always loved long maxi skirts and bandeau bralets. Something about bare shoulders has always appealed to me… maybe because I like showing the neck line in most of my outfits. 


I've looked at how to wear camel with other neutral colours, however to finish off my look, I added some delicate pointy black heels and minimal makeup. With an outfit like this I definitely didn't want to overdo it. 


Overall the weekend was amazing! Especially the meal. We went to an Italian restaurant In Chester on the river called 'Et Allia', the food was delicious and the company was perfect.

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment