Friday 27 February 2015

Retail therapy

Retail therapy... at it's best

Remember that saying, “when the going gets tough, the tough go shopping?” turns out that’s 100% true. This morning I was feeling a little under the weather and what cheers me up most? Retail therapy! Literally nothing beats its (other than food... food always wins). According to various examinations 60% of shoppers purchase clothes entirely to cheer themselves up, and the other 40% purchase for a special occasion or celebration (this sounds reasonable to me, however where’s the percentage for people who just have plain clothes addictions and slight issues.. because that’s where I slot in).

Consequently as I was strolling towards Liverpool One shopping centre (probably towards American Apparel... you know how it is) I walked past River Island, a store I have never really connected with, however, in their window was the most incredible white maxi dress, I couldn't help but run in and try it on straight away like a complete mental patient. The dress was way too fancy to even consider buying, bearing in mind I have zero plans coming up in the near future other than a holiday in May (which I am totally stocked about by the way, but this fabric would be too heavy in the sun to even consider buying it for that), nevertheless I tried it on anyway since I couldn't refuse such a beautiful design and I had some free time before work to kill.


Once I tried it on and looked at myself fully in the mirror, I instantly wanted to throw a mini tantrum since I knew I had no reason to buy this dress (I've never been much of a fan… but River Island has lovely dressing rooms! I’m usually horrified at the lighting in clothes stores; they make my skin look worse than it actually is), I wish it looked dreadful on me but I honestly thought it looked amazing against my skin tone, and the length was perfect for my height. I normally struggle to fit into maxi dresses because I am only 5 ft 4, but this dress fitted like a glove, I wanted to purchase it and leg it out the door before I had second thoughts. However I can insure you that I didn't do such a thing, I simply gave the dress back to the women in the changing room and walked away… slowly.

If I had the opportunity I would have worn this dress for the races or a wedding. I would pair it with either a brightly coloured heel (maybe a purple? That would look amazing in contrast to the white) or keep it minimal and pair it with a cream/black colour. 

If you are interested in buying this dress you can still purchase it from the River Island website!


Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment