Wednesday 25 March 2015

Camel fever

OOTD - Camel style.

Everyone seems to be crushin' on camel lately, however, it definitely wasn't an over night sensation. At first I wasn't very keen on the idea of wearing camel-coloured clothing (as said before I find it too near the skin colour). After seeing a few fashion bloggers OOTD's and various website's intakes on the camel trend, my mind was changed straight away. I find that camel adds instant style and chicness to your wardrobe! 
Some may say that camel is the new black? but I wouldn't go that far. Yes you can probably style it into any outfit you put together, but there's something about black that can never be beaten. Camel is currently featured heavily across the new season's catwalks and whether you style it up by wearing head to toe neutral colours, or mix some denim for a fashion finish, you will always be on top of the trend.

Camel is one of those colours that seem to refuse to go out of style, yet we totally approve of it's stubborn nature. It doesn't matter what time or day of the season, it still managers to look relevent, and not to mention... super sophisticated. 


There is always the worry as to what you can wear with camel, yet like anything, it depends on the shade and texture (this is where it gets complicated), wearing camel with similar tones such as chocolates and coffee colours can potentially work. I personally like camel to be paired with black, white or grey, keeping the look bold and stylish. Camel on camel also looks great if you pair it well and keep it to the minimum (such as a nice camel co ord with a lighter pair of heels?)

Okay so enough of that... Here's my camel interpretation! 

It was my aunts 50th birthday last week, but she came down with the flu on the weekend of the party so we had to reschedule until the week after, however, this time... a surprise party. She's looking incredible as always! fingers crossed I look half as good when I'm 50. 

I wore an elegant midi camel skirt paired with a black bodysuit, both purchased from Missguided. The weather was really nice last weekend (for once), so bare legs were a must. I dislike wearing tights with statement skirts; they can sometimes take the detail away from the skirt itself and make the outfit look less fashionable (unless you’re looking for a more formal look, then tights definitely work). This skirt is beautiful, fitted perfect considering it was a high waist style and the material wasn't very thick. The skirt had a bangin’ pleated style to it (very ideal seeing as we planned to hit the town after the party) and it came to just under the knee. I styled the skirt with a more basic piece; the simple black ribbed bodysuit made the outfit more casual. I adore the back of the bodysuit as it has a racer back style; it reminds me straight away of the classic 50's Grease style that makes every outfit come together nicely.
I paired the outfit up with my New look pointed black pumps! I can't get enough of these babies lately and my black floppy hat from Primark.

I adore this outfit. I can't wait to be able to wear this beauty in the sun with some sunglasses whilst sipping on a glass of champs! (just over five weeks until I go away... counting down the days). If you're interested to buying this outfit, you can purchase both items on www.missguided.com




Thanks for taking your time reading. Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous


 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment