Friday 27 March 2015

Every Cinderella has her midnight

'Even miracles take a little time' - The Fairy god mother

Over 60 years have gone by since Disney first introduced iconic princesses to the world, however Cinderella is getting a reboot. With the release of Cinderella this week, Disney fans both old and new have an official invitation to the princes royal ball. I couldn't resist writing a quick post about my favourite Disney princess of all time.
When you think Cinderella, you automatically picture images of glass slippers, pumpkin coaches and an annoying clock that strikes at midnight, ruining the whole perfect happily ever after. However, for me.. it's all about that dreamy blue gown she wears to the ball and the ultimate fetish shoe (the glass slipper). We've only ever had the cartoon version, however, with the new release, we now have the real thing, and I for one am definitely not disappointed.
The gown is breath-taking, it looks so dream-like with all the sparkles and shines. Imagine wearing this dress?! I would probably never take it off.

Can we just take a minute to appreciate these dresses please? I can't stop swooning. Despite the Fairy Godmothers talent with a wand, Sandy Powell is the women to thank for both these creations. 

I immediately wish I could have both of these dresses in my wardrobe (I probably don't own a wardrobe big enough to store them in... but hey ho, a girls gotta' do what a girl's gotta' do). Unluckily... I have no Fairy God Mother so that dream will never come true. I particularly adore the delicate, flowery detail on the second dress, which is in fact Cinderella's wedding dress in the film (swoon swoon swoon).

The blue ball gown is the most impressive out of the two, boasting hundreds of fabric layers, each a different shade of purple and blue (two of my favourite colours mixed together... perfect), as well as 10,000 crystals. However, as if the gown wasn't spectacular enough,  have you seen the shoes!? I was lucky enough to see them being displayed in the Liverpool Odeon cinema. The butterfly crystal slippers sparkled all the way down the hallway, I couldn't take my eyes away. Cinderella is proof that a pair of shoes can change your life.



I can't wait to go see this film myself, I'm a complete softy for a good love story... but isn't every girl? I've had dreams since I was a youngster about wearing dresses like these and having that perfect 'happily ever after' story of my own, and like the name of my post "Every Cinderella has her midnight".

 Thanks for taking your time reading, I have some amazing posts coming up next week so keep coming back. Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment