Monday 30 March 2015

Solar eclipse of the heart...

Fifty shades of grey.

Happy Monday. Today I wanted to share my little day out in Manchester with you.


I hardly ever see my cousin’s anymore; we all share such busy lives so it was lovely to be able to spend some quality time with them both in Manchester last weekend. It was an early start so a large Costa Coffee was a must and with the Solar Eclipse in the morning, it was freezing whilst waiting for the train to arrive. I did attempt to take some pictures of the Eclipse but they all came out horrendously bad because I was behind glass on the train. No idea why I even bothered? My eyes where killing me straight after and it gave me a headache during the rest of the journey. Brownie points for trying though Chelsea... bravo!

I thought I'd start with what I wore. The weather wasn't great so I attempted to wear something more covered up (other than my legs... but there is a reason why).


With the sun starting to make an appearance I didn't want to buy another winter coat (my biggest obsession this winter), however, when I saw this collarless coat on the Missguided website (on sale might I add), I couldn't resist. The amazing thing about this coat is that it's not very thick, so it'll be perfect for the summer weather to. This long-line beauty also has a beautiful block colour panel; the coral pink is weirdly really flattering against grey! It’s a definite bold statement kind of coat.

I paired it up with a grey long sleeved body con dress (also from Missguided). You can pretty much just opt out of fashion entirely in 2015 and just wear grey, paint your house grey and buy grey stuff, and remain fashionable at all times. If you are wearing grey, wear more grey. There is something that is so incredibly sophisticated about this colour; wearing simple clothing makes an outfit automatically appear more expensive, giving a minimal effortless look. Crunchy but soft, rich but low-key. Grey looks awesome with a pop of colour, such as yellows, reds and pinks (Like on my jacket)
I wore my tie up pumps from New look and my floppy hat from Primark. I couldn't resist adding a little black to the outfit, I think it helped break up the outfit a little. I kept my legs bare because I didn't want to over do the layers with thick black tights.

So guess where we went? I'm almost too embarrassed to say... The Jeremy Kyle show. Ask me if I'm bothered? not at all. Here's a few snaps of what we got up to during the day! 










The weather got a little dull by mid afternoon so we ended up going to Nando's for food because I had a full free chicken on my points card and it was only around the corner. You can't go wrong with a Nando's. Winner winner chicken dinner...


Overall I had a really lovely day with my cousins. I forgot how much I actually really missed them both. I can't wait to get back down to Manchester again and do a little shopping, it's been a while.

So remember... wear grey with your head up high. Own it, because nothing can be more now. Well, until next week, anyway…

Thanks for taking your time reading. Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment