Monday 13 April 2015

Heebie Jeebie's Easter Fair!

Other than my five day a week Fine Art internship (which I'm so pleased about being kept on with by the way), and a few other busy things going on in my life right now, I also work at a bar in Liverpool. However, not just any bar! You know? The bar you end up in every Saturday night, hammered wondering around clueless trying to find your mates with a £3 Carlsberg in hand, bouncing off walls because of the outrageous amount of mirrors located everywhere (which by the way, is very annoying. I'm surprised I haven't broken my nose yet). If you haven't already guessed, it can only be the wonderful and colorful 'Heebie Jeebies'. If you're from Liverpool you'll know exactly where this bar is, and if you aren't, come on down to Seel Street for some fun times and 2-4-1 cocktails, how could you possibly resist?
 Heebie's is known for their faultless music and good mix of people. The bar offers three floors of the best types of music around, the main floor and courtyard (outside beer garden) being my favourite. There's plenty of room for everyone to get a groove on, and they have some of the best indie talent playing through-out the week (especially Saturdays, they're buzzing with atmosphere).
 Heebie's have also become famous around Liverpool for their fairs, so I thought blogging the Easter Fair would be a perfect start to introduce you a little bit to the bar. With all the cool musicians and delicious foods, it would be a shame not to!
 


So before I start with what went on during Easter sunday, let me begin with what I wore (seeing as I am blogging about fashion, it would be rude not to).



I wore this beauty from Missguided, purchased on a sunny day last summer. I've only wore this dress once before, but I absolutely adore it. The bright yellow really works well with the Easter theme, I definitely looked like a trendy Easter bunny prancing around for sure (I suppose that was the aim in life). I've always loved yellow, yet I don't own much of it. I positively will be making sure I have lots of yellow clothing in my wardrobe for summer, I'm a massive fan of flowers at the moment also... so anything with roses/sun flowers is a ultimate buy/win (what woman doesn't like flowers? I know over the past year or so I've become really fond of them, which is weird because I used to not understand the fascination with them, however, now all I want in life is brightly coloured roses and the yellowest sunflowers I can find). This dress is perfect because of the heavily sun flowered detail, I feel like I gave the bar that extra splash of colour, don't you think?
I paired the dress up with simple black pumps and bare legs. I didn't want to wear anything heavy on my feet because I was doing a long shift and there's nothing worse than sore feet after 12 hours. I did regret not packing tights though, by the end of the day it was freezing and my poor legs had goosebumps everywhere! (note to self, pack tights next time you attend any type of festival/fair, because you will freeze).
So on with the fair, we'll start with the food elements, because anyone who knows me will understand how much I love my food, especially anything to do with chocolate (my ultimate weakness, sigh). Here's some snaps of the delicious foods we had on sale during the day!










As you can see, there were a selection of amazing chocolate goodies and a delicious BBQ (the chocolate brownies being my favourite, oh my). I couldn't resist the hot chocolate after seeing the cocktails that where being sold (obviously I had mine without the alcohol, sigh). I definitely put my healthy eating, summer body plan right to the side that day (I regret nothing. What can I say... I'm a chocoholic! And I'm not ashamed to admit, other than my waist line).
Here's the rest of the snaps from during the day. I wasn't able to get many live music images due to how busy the bar was, however, I tried my best. With 20 independent businesses involved in the fair, there was loads going on. Oh and did I mention we had stilt walking, fire dancing bunny rabbits? Yeah... that happened (only in Heebie Jeebies).
















The Easter fair was a complete blast, hopefully next year I might be able to attend myself instead of working. I've had some amazing times in Heebies (before and whilst working), and met some friends for life. I'm definitely going to miss this place when I eventually spread my wings and leave for my dream job. Heebie's, it's been emotional, thanks for the memories.

For anyone of you social networking lovers out there, check out our Instagram and facebook profiles!

https://instagram.com/officialheebies
https://www.facebook.com/Officialheebiejeebies

Thanks for taking your time reading. I had an amazing three days in the national this weekend, I can't wait to get some more blogs up about what happened behind the scenes. Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment