Friday 10 April 2015

Ladies day.

Yet another grand national..

It’s that time of year again, the annual Crabbies Grand national, where the ladies of Liverpool beyond ignore the questionable April weather and dress to impress. We’ll be expecting Coleen Rooney, eye catching outfits and heaps of fake tan... Oh, and some racing. 
Ladies day is upon us. So expect legions of glammed up ladies will once again descend upon Merseyside for a day of preening, betting and trying to outdo each other.

I've worked the past seven Grand Nationals, and this year is no different. I suppose you could call it my comfort job? I've always gone back to the races year after year! Maybe it's the dresses that attract me to want to come back. However, next year I might actually attend? Because that would be amazing. I couldn't think of anything more exciting than to dress up with my girlfriends and wear a silly hat to enter the best dressed competition, it would be a massive thrill to me.

I've put together an outfit that I would potentially go to ladies day in, so fingers crossed next year I attend rather than be on the side lines..




This dress is absolutely stunning. I've always loved the mermaid style dress, I think it flatters the hourglass figure so well. I purchased it as an impulse buy on the ASOS website a month back (you never know when something this beautiful might come in handy?), and I haven't regretted my decision ever since. I will definitely be taking this beauty away with me on holiday in Spain, I feel like it has that Spanish approach to it? And that's where I am going, so it'll fit in perfectly.

I've paired this dress up with my favourite monochrome pointed court shoes from Missguided, these heels seem to go with anything I wear and considering they're super high, there actually really comfortable (ultimate win, you go girl).
I wouldn't wear a hat with this dress, however, I would maybe put a little flower in my hair to finish the look off.

I hope everyone is having an amazing Grand National, fingers crossed we've all had some winners? I've taken my camera into the races with me this year, so I'll be doing a special behind the scenes blog sometime next week for you all.
Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment