Monday 6 April 2015

Who says sports clothing can't be fashionable?

Fashion vs Sports.

When did sports clothing become so fashionable and popular? We've all over indulged over the winter period, however, with the sun once again making an appearance, there’s no better time to put down that chocolate and get those running shoes out. And what better way to work out? But in amazing sports clothing! The great fitness fanatics and websites will make sure you look stylish at all times whilst working a sweat. So go on, ditch the tatty shorts and baggy t-shirts you lived in over the winter period and get yourself a fabulous new workout wardrobe, and with this season’s must haves… you’ll be sure not to break the bank anytime soon.

Workout clothing for women where once thrown to the back of the closest, however, Sporty spice is back in action. Working out seems to be fashionable these days, so why not stay in style whilst getting in shape? I myself really enjoy working out, I try to go to as many gym classes a week as I can (forever dreaming of that perfect beach body…sigh).

So is there a difference between the high-performance clothing you’d have worn to a boot camp class and the athletic sporty inspired style’s you might have worn out to dinner with some friends? Yoga pants are the new jeans, sports bras have become the new “it” accessory and long sports socks are trendier than high heels. Personally, I think there is a difference between the both, but I can’t help but adore the baggy tennis polo shirt dresses and sporty style co-ordinates at the moment. Here’s one of my favourite all time sporty outfits..


This co-ordinate was actually bought at the beginning of winter last year, however, due to it's unusual colours and fabrics I haven't got around to properly wearing it just yet. The outfit is a little to revealing to wear in the winter and I couldn't wear tights to cover myself up. I got this beauty from Missguided (obviously), so I'm not sure whether it would still be in stock due to it being sold late last year. I paired the monochrome co-ord up with my white Adidas Original trainers! Probably my favourite trainers to date. I can't wait to wear these babies in the summer with cute little shorts and crop tops (forever dreaming of being in the sun, not long left until my holiday in May).
Considering I've always swayed away from wearing white, this outfit works wonders (because I'm generally a very mess person for when it comes to picking up dirt and eating food). I think the tennis inspired look really works, and you can't really go wrong with a little white on white on white... can you?

Thanks for taking your time reading. I hope everyone had an amazing Easter! Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment