Monday 27 April 2015

Spring tartan

Happy Monday everyone, I hope everyone’s weekend was once again as lovely as the weather’s was. I go away on Saturday and I’m super excited to finally stop eating salads, and gorge myself silly whilst soaking up the rays in one of my beautiful bikini’s. I won’t be updating the blog whilst I’m away so I’ll make sure this week is extra special for you all.

Whilst browsing the River Island online sale a few weeks back, I came across the most beautiful little tartan skirt. I tend to stay away from high street sales, simply because they’re too good to be true most of the time. Styles come and go, and with the likes of River Island and Topshop, they constantly have new upcoming ideas for beautiful clothing all year round, so why would I buy something on the cheap, that is going to go out of style as soon as I buy it? It never makes much sense to me, that’s why I only ever statement buy.
 Tartan will always be in style, whether it disappears for a few months or a year, it will eventually come back into those shop display windows, and that’s why purchasing this beautiful chic tartan checked skirt made sense. And at a bargain price of £10… you can’t complain can you? 
 This skirt is super chic; it reminds me of a school skirt, however, stylish. The patchwork tartan design is reworking the best of the 90’s style era, and it’ll definitely bring a little retro twist into my wardrobe this summer. I love the colours, the blue and peach go so well together surprisingly. I would never normally put these two colours together; however, they fit so well and give a little extra to the outfit.
I paired the skirt up with my fluffy black crop top from Primark. I know the fluff is starting to disappear now the summer is approaching, however, this crop top is super cute, and it fits In really well with the ‘school girl’ approach look.


I wore simple black tights and my shinny navy Pull N Bear boots. These boots have been my babies for a while now, I remember seeing them whilst shopping with the boyfriend and instantly fell in love. They have a slight point at the front which is perfect because pointy shoes are in style at the moment, and when the light hits the shoe they shine a light blue. 

Thanks for taking your time reading. I go on holiday In five days, and I haven't started packing yet... forever that person who packs the day before or on the day. I'll be uploading more this week to make up for me not uploading for a over a week, so keep both eyes peeled. Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment