Saturday 18 April 2015

The Crabbies Grand National

Behind the scenes..

Happy Saturday! Today I wanted to take you behind the scenes of the Crabbies Grand National, 2015. 

People assume that the national is only about winning money, betting on horses and dressing up in silly hats and gorgeous dresses. However, through-out the last eight years working for Compass Group, I've grown to love the smaller elements to the national, including the beautiful details that are behind the scenes each year. Personally, they don't get enough credit, so I've decided to do a small post about the wonderful things they have on offer during the Grand National, 2015.

I'll start with the flowers, because every year without a doubt, I obsess over the beautiful flower arrangements they have on the tables in the restaurants/boxes. This year was no different, once again... wow! I'm a massive fan of roses at the moment, and these pink rose coloured petals were stunning (I even took some home after the three days, even though they basically all died during the journey from all the wind). 







On with the foods, which by the way, never disappoint. Each year I can't help but drool over all the amazing cakes and sweets (probably the worst thing to happen during the month of me going away on holiday, I'm so weak and I constantly cave in. You only live once though? Treat yourself Chelsea!!). 
This year they had an amazing selection of foods, however, I was only interested in the cakes. Here are a few snaps of the beautiful cakes and sweets being served (the macaroons being my favourite).










Not only do the foods look great, but the actual performances and decorations going on around Aintree. During my breaks I had a little walk in the sunshine and took some snaps of what was going on during the three days, however, I was sadly busy on ladies day... so I wasn't able to get any sneaky peeks behind the scenes of the best dressed winners.

















Overall, I had an amazing time in the National again. I honestly enjoy myself whilst working, and even though my feet feel like they might have dropped of by the end of the third day, it was worth it to be able to work with some of the nicest people and friends.
Thanks for taking your time reading. I treated myself to some River Island goodies this week, so I'll have them up on the blog sometime next week. Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment