Friday 1 May 2015

Pastels

The hottest spring trend, pastels.

It’s all about the pastels this spring, making us all wish for those sun-drenched days by the seaside, holding an ice cream in one hand and a cocktail in the other. Now the warmer days have finally arrived (not this week though, this week has been miserable), it’s time to start thinking about what we need to really make this season our most stylish yet.

I love summer, I love everything about it. I have dreams of one day living abroad somewhere beautiful and sunny, being able to leave the house on all occasions without a coat, and having an amazing tan all year round. I love the beautiful colours of summer, all the yellows, pinks and blues! There’s something about pastel colours that will forever brighten up anyone’s day and make them instantly feel like they are worth a million pounds.  

Here are a few pointers on how to add pastels into your spring and summer wardrobe (from the high street of course):

1If you aren't ready to go full spice girl with full-on pastels? Start with just styling your outfits with small pastel accessories, or individual pieces (wearing neutrals always work). 
2-  If you are more sporty than sweet, choose particular clothing shades that have that extra masculine edge? Such as leather jackets or torn jeans (Miss Selfridge have the most amazing pastel leather jackets at the moment), go with materials that are heavier. Sporty and edgy styles are very in at the moment, so embrace your inner tom boy with preppy yet glam outfits such as athletic style midi skirts, and matching crops. 
3- The pastel palette will always be popular and drawn to, so remember to wear on the areas that you want to get noticed more. For me, it’s all about the bum and legs.
4-   If you only want to test run the pastel trend, go with lilac or lime green. These are the standout spring colours, and are super flattering on all skin tones. 
5- Try to stay away from over dressing sherbert shades, because they can easily feel overly sweet. To create a more sophisticated look, stick to sleeker trends, and skip the bows and lace completely. 

Here's one of my favourite pastel outfits to date:


I purchased this beautiful co-ord last summer from Missguided. However, with it being so popular, it has now become available again on the website. I absolutely adore the pale green colour to this outfit, I've always been a massive fan of green, I feel like it makes my skin colour pop. I paired it up with my new green and white beauties from Primark! Can you believe I got these for £13? bargain.

Here's another top favourite of mine this spring, however, from River Island.

 


Can we all take a minute to appreciate this pastel green dress please? This beauty is from River Island. I almost cried when I had to put it back and walk away (very slowly might I add). I've already sorted all my holiday clothing out, and this dress would have been perfect, but now my room has suddenly turned into a walk in closet, so no more dresses unless I really need them, wonder how long that will last for? I'll give it a week. 

Thanks for taking your time reading. I go away tomorrow for 7 days with my lovely boyfriend, and I couldn't be anymore excited. I won't be back until after the 9th, so I'll have some new fresh posts ready for the week commencing about the outfits I wore on holiday, can't wait for you all to see. Have a lovely weekend. Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs during the week because I might throw up a few cheeky snaps of what I get up to, see you all soon. - www.instagram.com/chelslous

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. OMG I Love this mint dress! So pretty!
    Ps: tell your boyfriend to get it for you, you should not put such beauties away on the shelf lol

    www.klaudia-clara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete