Wednesday 20 May 2015

Purple + Crochet


I adored this outfit, I felt like a little purple princess. This was the first day we got to Menorca, and it was a beautiful evening. The sunset was stunning, and the food was once again unbelievable. We rented out an outside bed in the evening to watch the sunset with prosecco, it was amazing. I loved how empty the hotel was when we first arrived, we had total pick of where to sunbathe and I felt like there was more things to do, due to no one being there just yet.

The crop top is crochet, super comfy! Who would have thought something made out of hard knit would be so comfortable? I love the colour, it’s an off white, almost cream tone with an open back, my favourite. The purple midi skirt is from Missguided, and the sandals are River Island. I purchased the crochet crop from a Depop buyer, however, there are plenty of similar styles out at the moment, so they are really easy to get your hands on. 

I wasn't sure whether the whole outfit would go when I first put them together, however, I was so happy with the end results. The purple really went amazing next to the off white crop, and the pop of black in the sandals helped separate the summer colours from the spring. The sandals are my favourite so far this year; I honestly have the worst time sandal shopping because I hate feet, especially mine. However, I found River Island this year to have a really gorgeous selection of delicate sandals, even for people who really dislike feet.

I paired the outfit up with my leopard print bag from Primark. This little beauty was only £7, can you believe it? I love finding the cutest buys in Primark. I wore minimum makeup and jewelry. I hate wearing any makeup when I’m away! I hardly wear it anyway, but when the sunshine is so strong, there’s nothing worse than sweating your makeup of. Another reason would be because my foundation never matches my tan once I've gone away, oh the dilemma.

Happy Wednesday! I hope everyone’s week has gone nice and fast ready for the three day weekend. The weather’s been vile this week; I've ruined probably ever pair of smart pumps I own trying to get to and from work. I’m dying to book another holiday; I keep feeling myself slowly and slowly move towards the holiday websites whenever I am near a computer, but no! It’s my birthday in less than 3 weeks, so I need to behave myself. I am however, on a hunt for the perfect birthday dress after purchasing the most insane knee high boots yesterday, I'll have dreams about these boots for the rest of my life. 


Thank you for taking your time reading. Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous

Until next time...

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment