Monday 22 June 2015

All tied up


Hi everyone! I hope your weekend was as relaxing as mine was. I was working most of the weekend, however, I had a lovely Sunday. I love Sundays! They’re the best day of the week for sure. Cuddling up watching films and eating a home cooked roast dinner, that’s what it’s all about. I watched the new Sin City 2 this weekend and it was actually really good considering the first one was amazing and I had high expectations, so I highly recommend you all give that a watch.
I finish my Art Internship this week, so I’m feeling a little sad today knowing it’s all going to be over within the next few days, however, I’ve got so much to look forward to, so keep your chin up lady. This is only the beginning.

So today’s only going to be a small post, and what’s better to talk about than the fabulous Lace trend. The whole country has suddenly gone mad for tie up lace over the past few months; we’ve probably all found ourselves wondering… can I pull it off? Do I want to? I for one love this trend, and I can’t see it going away anytime soon either (well, I seriously hope not anyway).
The sneaker inspired details that have graced our catwalks over the past few months have finally starting coming into all our favourite shops, I’ve already bagged myself some amazing statement pieces, however, I’ve got my eye on a few more things I NEED for my summer wardrobe over the next few months.
 
Personally I think the whole trend came about after the spring 2015 runways (Gucci, Louis Vuitton and the amazing Givenchy), which at first came as a surprise to me. I wasn’t sure whether I liked the thought of so much skin showing on an outfit, especially in the area I hate most (the chest), yet after trying a bodysuit on myself, I instantly loved the end result, it was far from trashy. The lace covered the parts I hate most, I actually thought the trend was very flattering, and now (like most ladies) am obsessed. 
 
Above shows one of the pieces I bought a few weeks ago from Boohoo. I normally try to stick with black for when it comes to such a statement piece, however, when I saw this little orange beauty… I couldn’t resist. The dress comes just below the knee and is seriously flattering for when you're in need of a good night out with your girls and want to dress up. Here's another beauty I tried on last week in Topshop, and instantly fell in love with. 


I never actually bought this dress, but I think I might have to revisit the store sometime over the next few weeks and hunt this beaut down, can't believe I never bought it the first time. 

So what do you all think of the tie up trend? Too much? Not enough? I think we could all do with a little bit of lace in our lives at some point, so why not now!?
 
I hope everyone's Monday is going okay so far. I have such a busy day today so I should probably get on with that, but first, a cup of tea would be nice. 
Thank you for taking your time reading. Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous

Until next time...

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment