Wednesday 17 June 2015

Checks

So will the checkered obsession take over this summer? Yes or no to the checkboard print trend? 
It’s a yes from me for sure. 
 

Hey everyone! I hope everyone’s week is going well. The weather hasn't been very kind this week at all, I was soaked this morning on my travels to work, and I've completely destroyed my favourite little black dolly shoes… oh the joys of England’s glorious weather.
 
I once had my doubts about the checkered trend, however, my minds completely changed over the past few months. I first thought it was too fresh of a trend; I was worried I might look like a clown or a trendy granny stuck in a chic, yet dated past. People believe wearing the checkerboard trend is a massive risk, unless you nail it 100% and make it look trendy, modern or give it a certain twist, however, I honestly think that checks create an instant coolness to your wardrobe, and I for one am obsessed.
 
Minimalist is the style must have right now, effortless vibes are so in and I couldn't be any happier. I’m not one for plastering my face in makeup; in fact… it’s been over half a year since I last wore any type of foundation. Don’t get me wrong though, I love having my makeup done, I just don’t know how to apply It properly myself, and I've always preferred my oh natural look.
 
I find checks to be very fun, elegant, classy, edgy and modern… all at once. The retro feminine vibe allows my creativity to run wild whilst styling outfits together, so you can imagine my excitement when I came across the Forever 21 beauty above. I couldn't believe I found such a statement co-ord in Forever 21, considering that I've never had the best experiences in there due to their unusual sizes and styles (basically nothing fits me, not even their ‘petite’ section), so when this baggy checked co-ordination set come into my eye view, I was over joyed that I finally found the perfect monochrome set.
 
I paired the two piece set up with my Adidas Original trainers. I wanted to keep the whole outfit as minimal as possible, and as white and bland as possible (bland isn't the best word to use because this outfit isn't bland at all, but you get my point). Less is more these days, and this outfit in my eyes is perfection. 
 
I was meeting a good friend that day, so I've added a few pictures of what we ate in the evening. We obviously went for an Italian because other than eggs benedict, it's both our favourite foods, yummy. The restaurant's located in Liverpool One

I'm really looking forward to this weekend, it's going to be my first Saturday evening off in a long while. Thank you for taking your time reading. Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous
 
Until next time...

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment