Monday 8 June 2015

Motel Rocks



Happy Monday, once again. How quickly has this year flown? I can't believe we're in summer already, and with the sun finally making a show, we can start to really enjoy the weather that's about to come our way. I had a lovely weekend celebrating my 23rd birthday with my dearest friends and family. I was spoilt with my favourite food and presents, and had the nicest company all weekend. I had an amazing Friday night with my girls, dressing up and drinking cocktails and wine. I spent Saturday and Sunday with my family and boyfriend, and had a lovely meal cooked for me Saturday evening (home cooked, the boy’s a keeper). I can't wait to show you what I got up to in pictures.

Above are two outfits I styled a few weeks ago from Motel Rock's new summer range. Motel rocks aren't my usual pick for summer clothing. However, after seeing their new range on Instagram, I couldn't resist any longer. Their co-ordinates are my favourite; they have some amazing elephant print two pieces I need to get my hands on very soon, with summer approaching. I found myself really liking their choice in patterns and colours, I've never been a fan of wearing orange, yet there orange prints and bright colours have seriously left me wanting more.

The outfit in the first picture reminds me of something you would see in an American chick flick, such as the all-time favourite, Clueless. I'm defiantly channeling my inner Cher in this outfit, all I need now is to get my hands on that amazing yellow suit she wears in the film, and I'll have the look down to a T.  The top features a super cute collar and shorts sleeves with two small pockets on either side creating a retro vibe. I really like the stripes, and how the zip at the front of the top can be worn in two ways. I prefer having the zip down though, I feel a little claustrophobic having it all the way up. After trying on several pairs of shoes, I decided to wear my Adidas Original trainers. The trainers where a nice touch, creating a more athletic, and sporty feel.

The second outfit is the perfect co-ordinate set. The cute little A line skirt and matching turtleneck top is this season’s hottest must have, with the amazing graphic monochrome print, how could I resist?
The skirt features a high waist cut, exposing just a little stomach. The whole outfit is very comfortable and flattering to wear, one of my favourites so far this year.

I adored both these outfits; I can’t wait to style them again over the summer. Motel Rocks is definitely a company I’ll be buying again from in the near future. You can still purchase both outfits on their website.

I hope everyone’s Monday is going okay so far! I’m hoping for another busy week to keep me entertained and full of activity. I've just received an email from Missguided about their new store opening in Manchester, Miss Selfridges! How exciting?! I can’t wait to get down there over the next few weeks for a little look around and see what’s going on, I am their biggest fan, how couldn't I?

I’ll be uploading what I got up to this weekend sometime through the week on the blog, so keep checking back.Thank you for taking your time reading. Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous

Until next time...

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment