Wednesday 29 July 2015

Forever black.

 
Don’t even bother asking what promoted this post today, because I have zero explanation (do I ever?), but this has been on my mind for a while now. So go get yourself a morning coffee, maybe take a power nap, because chances are - just like most of my posts, this is going to be a long one.
I’ve always been a huge fan of black. It’s strange because I never really made a conscious effort to wear all black, it just kind of happened. Don’t get me wrong though, I don’t have a dislike against colour or anything, some of my favourite clothing happen to be the brightest colours, however, take me back a few years ago and I never owned anything colourful, not even grey. It was always… Fifty shades of get the flying f*ck away from me.
I was a bit of a tom boy when I was younger. Being a daddy’s girl, I tended to stay away from pinks and purples. But what is it all about? This infatuation with black everyone seems to have? It’s a question I ask myself often, since I wear black most of the time, and therefore had loads of time to reflect. I love wearing colours in the summer, but with England’s weather being miserable 12 months a year, I never get many colourful days.
I’m starting to sound like a depressive aren't I? My favourite colour is in fact blue, so don’t start thinking I’m the next Morticia Adam’s from The Adam’s family (she kills it in every way though. I’m not ashamed, you go girl).
 
Black is most flattering to me, I always feel my best whilst wearing it, it feels as natural as breathing putting it on first thing in the morning. Anyone who has ever fretted about their figure, regards black as their best mate, I most certainly do. I’ve always had insecurities I like to hide away in a little black box, but what girl doesn’t?
 
There are certainly loads of practical reasons for choosing black. Whenever I ask someone why they wear it, they normally come out with “because it’s easy”. And yeah sure, it is. But there’s so many other reasons.
It’s timeless (que music from Beauty and the Beast), and it goes with most colours, so it works as a perfect base. Black also goes with all shades of black, but not in the same way that reds or blues do, blacks can’t “clash”.

Black doesn’t show dirt. Did you know I dropped tea on myself this morning? No? Of course not, because I’m working black, and you can’t see sh*t. Black is a godsend for us messy eaters.
And last, but not certainly not least, there’s an economic point too – black can look smart even when it’s cheap. In a short but bold statement, black is a sensible, voluntary uniform. I was cursed with a very young face, so it comes in handy for when I need to look older in the workplace, especially in the job I do.
Black leather jackets, black pants, black shirts and black shoes are never going to go out of style. I live by all of those items, you’d never see me leave home without my leather jacket, we might as well have been joined at birth. You know those people who look back at their life, flicking through old photographs thinking… “What on earth was I wearing?!” When it comes to black, you’ll never have any regrets, that’s one promise I can keep. (Unless it’s flares, flares are a massive no no. Do you dare to flare? Absolutely not, just don't do it).  
Black is trying without actually… trying. And isn’t that reason enough? Isn’t that the look everyone is secretly trying to achieve? So maybe that's the answer to the question I was looking for? but who knows really?
I won't bore you with anymore of my mind, however, I would love to know what you all think, so please do share your thoughts on the black trend.
I watched Blood Diamond again the other night. I completely forgot just how brilliant that film really is. Doesn’t matter how many times I watch it either, I cry like a little baby. How on earth has Leonardo not won an Oscar yet? The guy’s incredible! (Don’t mistaken me for a titanic fan girl, I never had a crush on Leo until he was a fully grown man. Baby faces just don't do it for me).
I hope you all have a lovely day. I attached a few of my favourite black looks above for a little bit of inspo, so enjoy.Thank you for taking your time reading as always, Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous
Until next time...   
 
 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment