Monday 27 July 2015

White jacket love

 
I’ve had such a beautiful weekend celebrating two amazing people. It was my best friends 23rd birthday on the Friday (she’s the baby of the group), and a christening on Sunday. I love spending time with the girls, we don’t see each other as much as I would like to, we all live such busy lives now, but I appreciate every minute with them, they’ll always be my favourite women in this world.
I never realised how annoying I was until this weekend. I’m definitely the weird one in my little group. I’m the kind of person who stares at a menu for 20 minutes but ends up choosing the same meal every single time, yeah… that’s me.
I’ll blog what I wore this week at some point, however, for now, I’m going to talk more about this amazing white blazer I purchased in the Zara sale a few weeks ago.
 
At some point in your life, you’ve probably had the horrific misfortune of being expected to wear a uniform. Odds are, an itchy, unflattering blazer was involved. What every professional women really needs in life, is the perfect blazer. But not just any blazer, THE white blazer of dreams from Zara. You know? The one you’ve been eyeing up for months, but never get around to actually buying? Yeah that one.

If you’re letting flashbacks of a starchy wool monstrosity keep you from embracing a grownup blazer, than it’s time for an intervention – and I am just the fashionista to do it.
 
Your blazer is a frame, and YOU are the main attraction. A well-made blazer is a beautiful object. It can make denim dressy, party dresses polished, and with the perfect fit, can give a boyish figure curves, or make those last five pounds disappear out of nowhere.

The blazer I am wearing above is the perfect blazer in my eyes. It fits perfectly across the shoulders, and the length is really flattering. This particular blazer is a size 8. I would usually go with a size 6, however, I sized up the blazer because I wanted to give my outfit a more dress feel. For anyone who is interested in buying this blazer, it’s currently in the sale online and in store Zara. It’s definitely up there with my favourite picks this year so far.

I paired the blazer with a small bodysuit and my monochrome heels from Missguided.

I hope everyone’s weekend was a nice one. I’m off today so I’m going to spend it organising my wardrobe and getting ahead on some blogging.

 Have a good day. Thank you for taking your time reading as always, Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous
 
Until next time...  

 
 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment