Monday 3 August 2015

A white christening

 
Good morning everyone. I hope everyone’s weekend wasn’t as crazy as mine was. I’m not much of a drinker, never have been. I get the worst hangovers, so I try to stay away as much as I can. However, it was my best mates rescheduled birthday on Friday (the original plans got cancelled last week), so I didn’t have much of a choice. We always seem to bring the best and worst out of each other, so I obviously did too many shots and probably made a royal show out of myself, as per usual. Standard Chelsea behaviour, I’ll never learn. I always turn into the next Beyoncé whenever I’ve had a drink, so I apologise to anyone who might have bumped into me that night, I sincerely apologise for my horrible dance moves (I’m totally lying, they’re amazing dance moves, my mother taught me well). I like that side of us though, some of my favourite memories are from when we got ourselves into horrific situations, and I’m sure they’ll be more to come. Just not for a while, my body can’t handle it. Back to detoxing as soon as possible I think.
 
I had my hair done last Friday afternoon. I’m officially back to my natural roots, and I love it. I wasn’t sure whether getting rid of my dip dye was the right thing to do, especially with all my friends and hair dresser telling me I would regret it, but it turned out nicer than I thought it would. I’ll upload the before and after through the week. I can honestly say I have nothing unnatural about me anymore (other than piecing’s and tattoos), I don’t wear face makeup at all, only eye liner and lipstick. I was brought up to be very natural, so I never wore makeup until I was around 17/18 years old. I suppose I have my mother to thank for that, even though I secretly wish I knew how to do all that weird contouring stuff! Makeup is a form of art really isn’t it? It’s incredible and I am secretly jealous.
Okay, so have you ever wondered how to style the perfect all white outfit? While the idea of waiting for your wedding day to wear white seems like an eye roll of a fashion rule, there is still something to be said about the slick head to toe look that is exceptionally appropriate for summer. It's clean, light, and reminds me of a preppy weekend that awaits ahead. However, let’s not get ahead of ourselves, because it’s no shocker that white is prone to stains (take it from someone who spills 99% of food down herself). It can also look a little bland if worn wrongly, and it’s tricky finding new fun ways to spice things up.
While I won’t be able to help you out with any red wine or salsa spillages, I can offer you my white on white outfit idea that I would encourage anyone to try. Using all key summer staples (with whatever’s left of our summer). The stain remover can be on you though.
Okay, so above is a few pictures from the christening I went to last week. I wore a white lace dress from Missguided. Wearing white wasn’t the best choice I’ve ever made, seeing as it was torrential rain that day and some of the christening was outside. However, the day overall was lovely and my outfit and shoes stayed intact and clean through the whole thing. There are a million reasons why a white, lace dress is a brilliant buy; it will never go out style, you can dress it up or down and last but not least, it’s kind of sexy yet demure at the same time.
Normally I would never clash the same colours together unless they are black, however, white heels went well with this outfit because of the lace detail in the dress. The heels are from New look. Both the dress and heels are still available to buy!
I’ve had so much on my mind lately that I don't seem to be able to shake, so apologies for my lack of posts again. I've been reading my horoscope lately and this one in particular was bang on the money! "Gemini's, when they aren’t over thinking things are prone to restlessness and nervousness. And, even when they aren’t feeling restless and nervous chances are they will be projecting an air of nervousness!" - basically me all over, how did they know!?
 I have some exciting things coming up, so keep checking back. I hope you all have a lovely day. Thank you for taking your time reading as always, Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous
Until next time...   

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I love that white dress xx
    http://londonsprimadonna.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete