Monday 17 August 2015

Blue florals

 
Good morning everyone, I am once again very sorry about the lack of posts I’ve been getting up lately. Days feel so much shorter and I need to catch up, however, I took full advantage of the beautiful weather last week and got some photography done, so I’m super excited for you all to see what I have in store. I am also really happy to get my first post up with my new hair colour!? I am officially back to my natural roots and couldn't be happier.
 
With the sunshine all of a sudden creeping back out again, I thought I’d start your day with a little summery number. I am head over heels in love with shift dresses this season, especially the beautiful number I have on above from my favourites at Missguided. With the deep plunging V neckline and delicate blue floral print covering the oversized design, this beauty is a must have in all girl’s wardrobes. I teamed with my new blue heels from New Look. I was so lucky to find shoes that went perfect with this dress, and at a seriously amazing price to.
So have you ever wondered how to wear a shift dress without making it look frumpy? Well here’s a few pointers. A shift dress tends to be a short, lacking detailed shaping. They’re usually sleeveless (mine has sleeves, I prefer it when they have sleeves), plain or feature A-line skirts and empire waists. Fashion icons such as my all-time favourite inspiration and idol, Audrey Hepburn, made these dresses famous in the late 1950’s. Traditionally, shift dresses tend to feature little detail from the breast darts, so they basically skin the curves rather than clinging to them. These dresses are perfect for a more reserved lady. The cut draws attention away from the tummy and is flattering on all body types. I always wear shift dresses when I’m going for a meal before a night out, there’s nothing worse than wearing something clingy and then having a food baby sh*tting all over your parade.  
Okay, so several factors should always be considered when choosing the perfect shift dress. More contemporary dresses (such as the one I am wearing above), feature embellishments and slight variations in cut and designs to attempt to approve the silhouette, like the deep V cut. Each neckline can benefit to different body types, however, I really like the V cut shaping, I’ve always liked having my collarbone on show. Pattern and colours can be used to draw the attention away from your problem areas, so choosing the right accessories can turn any shift dress into something amazing. One of the main reasons why I adore shift dresses is that they’re versatile and can be worn from the office to dinner, winter to summer. By accessorising the occasion well, you have a dress that can be worn all year round, day and night. And finally, choose the right hem length. I personally like showing a little leg so the dress I am wearing above is perfect.
So to conclude, shift dresses are versatile and suit all body types. Although traditional designs tend to be plain and straight cut, contemporary designs come in a range of cuts, lengths, necklines, colours, patterns and sleeve types. So no women need ever look frumpy again. Both the dress and heels I am wearing above are still available to buy online from Missguided and Newlook.
I hope everyone’s weekend went well. I had such a lovely Sunday spending time with my amazingly crazy and beautiful family, celebrating my baby cousins 3rd birthday. Here's to what looks like, another beautiful sunny day :]
Thank you for taking your time reading as always, Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous
Until next time...   

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment