Friday 21 August 2015

Crazy for Khaki


The khaki trend has seriously taken off the last few months, and I for one, am obsessed. Khaki green is guaranteed to bring some urban attitude into your everyday look, it may have been borrowed from the Army, but it is far from uniform. For a start, there are many different shades, from the deepest olive tone to the desert sand effect. Khaki is perfect to wear with white, boyfriend shirts or a simple crop. I like to add a feminine touch to my khaki styled outfits by adding ruffled skirts and unbuttoned shirts. Accessorising with sexy gladiator sandals or knee high boots, khaki can be styled into your everyday wardrobe.
 
So who has ever wondered how you can get the perfect khaki look to suit your body shape? Here’s my thoughts. An hourglass figure like myself, works well with high waist skirts and fitted jackets that show off your tiny waist. It’s not only slimming, it’s versatile too. You can dress an outfit up or down depending on the occasion and weather.  
Drape blouses are a busty gal’s best friend. I’ve always found v neck’s and wraps to instantly flatter any lady with a chest. You can pair the blouses up with sleek black pencil skirt and add some jazzy accessories and killer heels for eveningwear.
Straight up and down? The “boyish” figure, looks amazing with wide leg culottes. By adding some volume and focus onto your bottom half, it will give your body more shape on top. Wear stripes on the top half, and this will give you all overall fab look.
Above I styled together my own khaki outfit, however, I choose to wear khaki with black rather than my usual white put together. The draped front asymmetric skirt is perfect for making a statement, a simple yet very effective design. This skirt is very flattering and it hugs every curve in the right place (even the places I really don’t like myself). It features a knot front detail and underskirt that will make sure to stand out during a night on the town. I wore the skirt with a cropped black halter neck. I wanted to keep the outfit as simple as possible, so this top was a perfect match. Both skirt and top are from Missguided.
I paired the outfit with my brand new boots from Zara. How dreamy are these boots though? I haven’t stopped looking at them since I brought them home a few weeks ago. If it was acceptable to wear shoes like this to work every day, I so would. Bring it on.
My whole outfit is available to buy online from the Missguided and Zara websites.
I hope everyone’s survived the week so far. I’ve had a fun and busy week, I climbed Moel Famau in Wales on Tuesday with the girls and had a huge catch up with some family on Wednesday and Thursday. I’ve also worked my little arse of at the gym this week, so I definitely deserve a few ice creams this weekend.  
Thank you for taking your time reading as always, Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous
Until next time...   

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

1 comment: