Monday 24 August 2015

Pink... to make the boys wink


I never wear pink, ever. We’ve never seen eye to eye, if you catch my drift? I remember my mother once saying “But you would look so cute in pink! Why don’t you just try it? You used to love it as a child” – Ugh with another side of ugh. I love her, don’t get me wrong! But the outfits I used to wear as a child have been burnt at the stake and erased from my memory years ago. I suppose my father had a lot to do with that though, he always wanted me to wear blue because of his favourite football team, however, I’ve simply rebelled against him to. You snooze you lose mum and dad.
 
Wearing pink can be such a challenge can’t it? – No one wants to leave the house looking like an overgrown Barbie doll (well, I most definitely do not). Have you ever wondered how to wear pink without looking like the next plastic doll for everyone to play with? Here’s my thoughts, because this season there’s a shade to suit everyone and an easy way to wear it to.
 
Okay so first off, find your perfect shade to suit you. This will depend on your hair and skin colour. You want a tone that works with, not against. If you’re pale and proud, an equally pale pink might wash you out and can potentially risk of being too nude-naked looking. Instead opt for something with a bit more of a kick, and then add a red lip stick. Suddenly pink isn’t just about being ‘pretty’ anymore.
 
Next, fully commit to your shade. Embrace pink, because that’s when it makes the most impact, however, stick to just one shade as opposed to colour blocking yourself. If you do choose to wear with another colour, it should be another colour that compliments well. I would always pair mint green and pale pink because I think those two colours have a beautiful and jarring quality when paired together. If you are feeling a little brave, pair with red or teal for a sharper fashion statement.
 
To keep away from bordering on being too sugary looking, add in accessories that are bold and have an edge to them. Essentially, pink can be a very fussy and an over thought out colour, so the key is to simply wear it fuss free. Perhaps I should take my own advice, but I never will.
 
It wasn’t until I came across the beautiful two piece above that I fell in love with pale pink. This outfit has just the right amount of sass without being too revealing. The amazing long sleeve crop has a wrap feel to it and is super comfy considering the amount of bare skin. I’ve always been drawn to anything with an unusual back. Chic and sophisticated, this outfit has it all really. The high neck is perfect for bringing into the next season, and with the matching cropped culotte trousers, what’s not to love? I have a feeling culotte’s are going to be in for a while now. The high waist trousers are super flattering because of the amazing thick crepe material. Teamed together, this two piece set is a complete winner.

 The two piece is from Missguided for anyone who fancies trying this look out themselves!
 
I paired the set with my favourite nude Public Desire tie up heels. These shoes aren’t the most comfortable of shoes, but they definitley look amazing.
 
I hope everyone’s day has went nice and quick, there’s nothing worse than a long Monday. I’ve been busy planning a trip to go see Artist, Banky’sDismaland’ exhibition today. I get super excited whenever something like this comes up, I can’t wait to go see it myself.
I’m also going to do a little winter shopping this week. Even though I love summer, I secretly can’t wait for it to be over now so I can finally start getting excited about wearing cute jumpers and boots again. Oh and Christmas, let’s not forget about that.

Thank you for taking your time reading as always, Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous
Until next time...   
 
 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment