Monday 31 August 2015

Sleevless stripes

 
Happy bank holiday Monday everyone, I’ll be keeping it quick and sweet for today’s post. I hope everyone’s weekend went well. Bank holiday weekend is an unusual one for me, I never know what to do with myself because shops aren't open and everyone I know are normally nursing hangovers from shenanigans the night before. There was no shenanigans for me though, just well-deserved sleep and countless amounts of tea.
 
Going into autumn is a tricky time for any girl’s wardrobe. Is it hot enough to bare the legs? Will it start raining the second I leave? Do I need to wear a jacket? When it comes to British weather, it’s nothing if not unpredictable. Our wardrobes need at least five different options at all times.
 
I’ve always stuck to the one golden rule. When in doubt, put on stripes. Come fall, the options increase far beyond your average preppy tee paired with your favourite denim levi’s. There are blazers, textured skirts and a team of assorted dresses and trousers. However, as far as the styling goes, keep the rest of your look clean. If you’re feeling super risky, team the pattern with a contrasting (carefully chosen) paisley or plaid. No matter what you select, I think it’s a great idea to go ahead and wear your stripes this season.
 
Stripes may well be the world’s most popular worn print. Whilst we all love a good timeless trend, we should probably admit that we can get a little bored of wearing the same thing over and over in the same ways, all the time (even if they are still totally chic). So, because stripes aren’t going anywhere anytime soon, I might as well suggest a few new fresh ways for you all to wear them without feeling like last years left overs.
Outerwear is the perfect solution. Like my outfit above, wear your stripes on a more unusual piece of clothing such as a jacket or sleeveless duster coat. It’s a bolder statement, but you’re not one for shying away that easy are you? Layer it with some black or a neutral tone.
The striped monochrome sleeveless maxi duster coat I have on above is the essence of laid back. With super cute vertical stripes covering the whole piece, and side split to reverse, this coat is perfect to bring into your autumn wardrobe. The fabric is lightweight, so it’s perfect for those days that are not too cold. You can purchase the duster from Missguided, I ended up going for a size 4 in the coat due to my small frame and height, however I would normally always go for a size 6/8 in jackets so that I can wear thick warm jumpers underneath during those cold winter mornings.
I styled with my high neck American Apparel bodycon dress, and Public Desire knee high boots. The boots where an amazing touch to this outfit. I’m definitely going to be purchasing a few more knee high’s this autumn, I’ve already been eyeing up some tasselled beautys in Zara.
Thank you for taking your time reading as always, Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous
Until next time...   
 
 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment