Monday 7 September 2015

Autumn lace


  First of all, happy September! Autumn is by far my favourite season. I turn into a massive child when I know Halloween and Christmas aren’t too far away. It’s finally time again to embrace dressing in warm clothing and wearing bright coloured scarfs and bobble hats, drinking hot chocolate whilst calving pumpkins and Christmas shopping for gifts for friends and family. I just love it all.
With summer slowly drawing to a close, it’s time to start thinking about filling your wardrobe with the Autumn/Winter clothing. I’m so excited about the new AW15 collection. If you’ve seen any of the following in Zara, River Island or Topshop – shaggy faux-fur coats, pussybow blouses and 1970’s inspired floral dresses – then you’ve already spotted the glamorous beginning of what to expect this autumn. I wasn’t sure about the retro look at first, however, I’m totally digging it now I’ve seen a few samples in my favourite stores.
Flares, suede, ball sleeves and lace ups aren’t going anywhere this season. From wear-if-you-dare styles including sheer fabrics and thigh high boots, too easy as anything wardrobe additions such as patchwork dresses and winter capes (total favourite right now, who doesn’t enjoy a good cape?), these are all trends we’ll be seeing loads of during the next few months.
My current favourite is lace ups. Lace up skirts, dresses and bodysuits are still the hottest trend right now, and I keep filling my wardrobe up with more and more little lace up picks. Today’s post is all about my new lace up midi skirt from Missguided. Look seriously seductive this autumn in this little beaut of a skirt, in a flattering stretch material and an amazing lace up feature running to the front of the skirt with a front split. I adore this style because it basically goes with 90% of my current wardrobe, and it’s perfect for dressing up and down for both day and night occasions.
I choose to keep the look casual, so pairing my khaki wrap over crop top was a must. I love this style of top, its perfect for those outfits that need a little ummmpt. The foundation to any bangin’ outfit is your core basics, and this crop top is a part of mine. The crop features a wrap over design and short sleeves with a low neck line. You can purchase this little beauty from Missguided.
I teamed the skirt and crop with my new boot heels from Zara. These shoes are perfect for keeping an outfit simple, yet dressy. They’re super comfy and easy to walk in also, major Zara points.
I’ve had an unusual week, is it normal to be having a midlife crisis at the age of 23? My baby sister started high school and I felt like an emotional wreck seeing her look all grown up in her uniform and walking her to the school gate on her first day. It’s insane how quickly my life has gone by the past few years, however, I feel like everything’s going to be going up from now on, and what better way to start than to find the perfect winter boots? I’m a lady on a mission, wish me luck.
Thank you for taking your time reading as always, Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous
Until next time...  

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

2 comments: