Saturday 11 July 2015

Tassels

 
 
 
How crappy has the weather been this week? Never mind my tie up pumps, I’ve now ruined yet another pair of trainers because the British weather sucks. However, today has some serious potential in the weather department.
 
Today’s post is all about tassels, and how the tassel trend has seriously taken over the past few months. Though you might associate tassels with graduation caps and ugly furniture trimmings, tassels are becoming one of the seasons most important must have. Spotted on the runways at Louis Vuitton and Gucci, and spotted on some of the most stylish celebrities such as Blake Lively and Gwyneth Paltrow, the flirty trend is defiantly having a moment. And what’s not to like? Not only are tassels incredibly versatile, they can be worn in so many ways. From earrings to bangs, to skirts and tops, from shocking over the top colours, to beautiful warm neutral tones, tassels are everywhere and bring a fun and playful look to anyone’s wardrobe.
The biggest bonus about tassels is that they are so affordable, you can walk into any retail store now and find a nice tassel outfit. I've came across loads of amazing pieces in the likes of Primark and Urban Outfitters.
Above shows my little twist on the tassel trend. The outfit is in fact an amazing crop top from Missguided, worn with a simple black bodycon skirt. I loved this top the minute I saw it. The amazing thing about it is that I can dress it up or down, depending on the occasion. I decided to go for a more casual look, so my Pull and Bear boots fitted perfectly.
I wore just a simple black bodycon skirt under. I didn't want to take any detail away from the top, so keeping it simple was a must.

You can purchase the top on Missguided's website, however the boots are no longer available due to being last winters stock.
 
Thank you for taking your time reading as always, I hope everyone has a lovely weekend, I'm currently nursing a hangover from last night right now, wish me luck haha. Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous
 
Until next time... 
 
 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment