Thursday 24 December 2015

2 shades of grey..


   IT'S CHRISTMAS EVE!

I hope you’re all feeling super festive and Christmassy. It’s the time of year for giving and being completely selfless. I adore spoiling the people I love, there’s nothing more special than seeing their faces on Christmas morning light up (and seeing my mother cry, every time).

There is nothing I love more than to wrap up warm, light the fire, put a good Christmas movie on (my favourite being Jingle all the way and Elf) and cuddle up with the family. And this year is no different. I’ve already made my way through all the Santa Clause films, The Holiday and Polar express this week. I’ve also finally got all my wrapping done, which is a Christmas miracle considering I’ve literally only just finished shopping for presents last night.

Consider this your final warning. It is time to tackle that horrific Christmas weather with this season’s hottest trend, winter grey. Of course, you may be well ahead of me, having snapped up early arrivals back in the warmer seasons and now you’re probably reading this and thinking, “Keep up women”. In which case… go you. But I’m afraid I’m all about the current trend. I couldn’t explain how many times a day I look through my favourite online clothes websites, searching for the next best thing. However, people tend to get an instant downer whilst shopping for their winter clothing, whereas I love it. There’s nothing better than finding that perfect winter outfit, and for me, above is one of my favourites as of yet.
The colour grey will always be a favourite winter trend. The colour provides a softer alternative to black and is super versatile. It’s actually really easier to wear grey, with it being so adaptable, you can wear in loads of different ways. I’ve always found that it goes perfect with soft pastel shades, such as pink and blue. A pop of colour against grey looks fresh and modern when combined together.
Wearing grey and pink together creates a romantic feel, it’s a great combination when worn correctly (for an example, a pink jumper that can be paired with a pair of pants or a skirt). Or you could wear them over the top of grey? Do a little winter layering. Another colour I think goes very well is green (especially darker shades). Green and grey create a more sophisticated and mysterious look, it’s beautiful when paired together appropriately.
The grey Missguided two piece above is a perfect winter outfit for me. I love a good co-ord, and this one in particular is comfy and a little unusual because of the crop styled trousers and high polo neck jumper. I’ve never been one to shy away and I love the different tones of grey in this outfit.

I paired the woollen two piece with my black Zara boots. This outfit is very versatile, I would also pair it with a pair of pointed flats.  

I hope everyone’s week has been amazing so far and super Christmassy. Who’s already seen Star Wars, the force awakens? I for one, adored it. I’m the biggest Star wars fan, always have been since I was a little girl. I'll probably end up seeing it a few times before it even leaves the cinema.. 

Thank you for taking your time reading as always, Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous
If you're interested in any photography portfolio work - Callummatthewsphotos@hotmail.co.uk


Twitter @callumography

Until next time....
 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment