Saturday 12 December 2015

Orange is the new black

 
Did you know orange is the new black? No? Yeah, me neither. Orange is terrifying, and always has been. Many people (including myself) find that orange is a very hard colour to pull off, and it usually isn’t the first colour you get drawn to when we open our wardrobe. Amazingly though, if you follow some of my tips for wearing orange, I find it incredibly flattering for most skin tones, leaving a natural glow to your skin.
There is a certain style power for when it comes to orange, you need to make sure you know how to wear the colour before you leave, prancing around all neon and flashing. Finding the right shade is a necessity, you need to make sure it’s right for you. Finding the correct shape and outfit accessories is also very important to perfecting your look. Here’s a few pointers on how I would wear orange!
  1.   Throw on a denim jacket. Let’s be honest here, nothing makes a colour pop like a denim jacket does! Pair with an orange dress for cute and sweet style.  
  2. DO NOT WEAR TOO MUCH BLACK. Can anyone scream ‘Halloween’? Because that’s exactly what you’ll look like. Just don’t do it. The only time orange and black work together is if you have an item of clothing that helps tie the two colours together. For example, a black tie? Or a pair of black flats (seen on my outfit above). But please, stay clear of wearing orange and black together unless it’s the end of October.
  3. A perfect colour combination for me would be pairing orange with modern neutrals for a classy, yet fun take on the trend. It’s all about toning down a very bold shade. Wearing a bright sassy orange or even a burnt orange tone will help you stand out in any crowd.
  4. Start out small and then build up. If you’ve never wore orange and want to start playing around with the colour, but don’t know where to start because you haven’t got the nerve? Here’s the plan: start small, you can always add more later on. Some ideas would include hats, scarfs, earrings, a tank, a headband or a bag.
So go on, make your wardrobe standout with this season’s most unusual colour trend. The outfit I am wearing above is from American Apparel. Anyone who knows me would know I adore American Apparel, and it’s my favourite store. I love their simplicity and comfy materials. It’s always been very hard for me to find a pair of pants (other than jeans) I feel comfortable in, and these beauties fit like a comfy glove. I couldn’t resist buying the matching top either, how could I not? I’ve never worn so much orange in one outfit, but I think it works well and is defiantly a current favourite of mine right now. The outfit is more of a burnt colour however, due to the bright light that day, the two piece looks more orange than it actually is in real life. It’s a beautiful two piece and I would highly recommend to any of you fellow co-ordinate lovers who like to think outside of the box, I’ve never been one to shy away from clothing trends.
I hope everyone’s week went well. I’m already fed up of this miserable weather. I love the cold, but it’s the constant rain that is ruining my spirit right now. Our tree will be going up sometime over the weekend though, so let's hope that brings some Christmas cheer along with it. 
Thank you for taking your time reading as always, Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous
 
If you're interested in any photography portfolio work - Callummatthewsphotos@hotmail.co.uk


Twitter @callumography

Until next time....

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment