Wednesday 13 January 2016

Floral mesh

 
Good morning everyone! I hope everyone's weekend went well. It’s almost Friday so stay calm and get through today and tomorrow. I had quite a heavy Saturday evening playing dress up with the girls, drinking cocktails and releasing my inner Beyoncé for the night (how I love when she comes out to play, there's just no stopping her).
 
I spent my Sunday nursing a mild hangover and eating a large amount of roast potatoes and sprouts (I love sprouts and with Christmas only just finishing, we seem to have plenty to go round right now). I'm also trying to detox at the moment, swapping unhealthy foods for healthier options (unsweetened soya instead of milk, low fat dairy products and so on), it's going really well other than the few too many glasses of wine I drank on Saturday night and the occasional chocolate biscuit I ate through this week (I won't tell you if don't). I plan to have a much quieter weekend this week though, tea and countless amounts of Buffy on Netflix is probably as exciting as it’s going to be. I am completely fine with that, so don’t be feeling sorry for me, I am officially feeling my age.
 
 I've also had a bad case of the flu the past few weeks (or what most people like to call it, man flu). I'm only now starting to recover, however, I still have that annoying cough and runny nose that loves to come afterwards. Oh the joys of British weather. Now Christmas is over, I'm dreaming of a hot sandy beach somewhere far far away. Instead I have a snotty nose and a tone of writing and work to get through. Living the dream aren't I?
 
 I wanted to share this amazing floral mesh midi style dress with you all. And yeah, perhaps the dress isn't weather appropriate, but if you want to show off your skin to the world, then the mesh trend is a perfect opportunity. With a million different ways to display your silhouette discreetly, mesh is definitely a must have for the next few seasons (preferably the warmer ones, no wonder I'm full of flu). Whether you opt for the traditional look, the sheer beauty of chiffon, or a crochet effect, you'll soon have all eyes on you.
 
 Mesh dresses are also amazing to wear as formal wear, including cocktail and evening dresses. However, if you hunt hard enough, you'll soon find some casual versions as well. Black is madly popular, but don't forget about the appeal of colour to make your style stand out. Unless you are like me and prefer to wear black 24/7… oops.
 
 The dress I am wearing plays with my feminine side with its cream and black lace details. The sophisticated long sleeves and high neck allows me to show just enough skin to create the perfect look for a night on the town. The black underlay bodysuit is seriously on point with the latest trend and it is super comfy to wear underneath the beautiful cream mesh. I wouldn't usually go for a dress like this due to it being so see through, and it's not leaving much for the imagination at all is it? Yet, I didn't feel as exposed as I thought I would feel. It has the right amount of class.
 
 This beautiful mesh dress in particular is from Missguided. I tried to keep the dress as simple as possible by adding minimal courts from New look (can you believe they are from New look? Just wow). I wore this dress to my works Christmas night out last month, and I added a few little accessories and my killer heels from River Island to glam it up a little. However, for today’s look I wanted to keep it humble, and let the dress do all the work. You can purchase both items in store and online.
 
 I started the gym again last week, and once again, it's been a nightmare. I've managed to hurt every muscle possible in my body. I couldn't walk for the first few days and I felt seriously sorry for myself. I’m sure I’ll eventually get my strength back (hopefully), wish me luck with that one. I hope you all have an amazing weekend, thank you for taking your time reading.
 
Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous 
 
If you're interested in any photography portfolio work - Callummatthewsphotos@hotmail.co.uk
Twitter @callumography
 
Until next time....

  
 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment