Tuesday 2 February 2016

Who loves orange soda?

 
  I’ve never really got that unusual sad Monday morning feeling. I’ve always quite liked getting up early and making money. I generally enjoy getting on with my week and starting Monday productively (the way it should always be started). So when it comes to Sunday, I don’t dread Monday. I embrace it and try to make the most out of something so daunting and glum.

I’ve had a really quiet weekend, I basically spent the two days stuffing my face with incredibly unhealthy foods (a few too many Nutella’s might I add) and binge watched crappy television programmes and films. I definitely took advantage of cheat weekend, to say the least. I also finished watching ‘Buffy the vampire slayer’ for the first time, and I’m feeling a little emotional now it’s all over. I was highly disappointed with the ending though, that was a massive let down (damn you crap endings, constantly making me feel empty inside).

I haven’t felt like leaving the house at all the past few days. My mood has been as dull as the weather has been. As much as I am loving these grey days, the bitter cold has seriously put a damper on the way I feel, and I am honestly so fed up with winter now. I’ve always suffered with the cold, it doesn’t matter how many layers I wear… I am cold, spring needs to hurry before I freeze. Or borrow every warm thing my family and friends own.

The hit ‘Orange is the new black’ series is on trend in more ways than one this season. It’s time to rethink the tangerine shade. Traditionally orange is meant to be looked upon as a sunny colour, however, it’s been given a winter makeover. Orange might look like a shade with a few less than flattering associations; let’s think large over the top orange airline in the sky, or over used applications of fake tan. Yet for this season, I feel like orange is finding itself on the enormously more stylish ground. Think warm and comforting shades of terracotta, rather than something horrific that most probably requires a large pair of sunglasses.

I blame it on the brightly coloured seventies, which has been controlling trends for the past few seasons. Beautiful shades of orange are key to channelling the amazing boho vibe of this decade. The easiest way I think to work the trend into your wardrobe is through suede. Outerwear works with warm cinnamon shades also, and they are definitely an investment buy (however, to incorporate the colour into your look more, opt for accessories).

Earthy shades, like the colour I am wearing above, are ideal for mixing and matching. If you aren’t feeling very adventurous, separates can easily be paired together for more basic and modest looks. The look won’t be disappearing anytime soon, and I am loving the new updated styles that are appearing in the high streets right now.

The midi dress I am wearing above is a stunning fit with its wrap over design. It has a plunge neck line, tie waist and two front pockets on either side. I found this dress to be very flattering for a smaller chested girl like myself. I’ve always liked dresses that enhance the waist due to me having a very small waist line, so a tie waist is perfect. I purchased this beaut of a dress from my favourites at Missguided.

I paired the orange wrap dress with my delicate black courts from New Look. These heels are a perfect evening heel. They literally go with everything I pull together when I’m in a rush.

Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous 
 
If you're interested in any photography portfolio work - Callummatthewsphotos@hotmail.co.uk
Twitter @callumography
 
Until next time....
 
 
 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment