Tuesday 9 February 2016

Back to black


In honour of fashion week coming up (and the last surviving month for which I can get away with wearing full head to toe black, and not look like I am trying to be the next Morticia Addams) I was inspired to talk all-black ensembles (again, I am sorry. I just happen to love this look). When I think of fashion week, I immediately think of amazing head to toe black looks. It's always been a little dream of mine to actually attend fashion week, however, I won't be living that dream again this year (sob sob).

I find black sophisticated without actually trying too hard, and I think that pretty much sums up fashion week for me. I find the fashion so inspiring. Have you noticed how everyone loves to wear black during these few days? It goes to show, a head to toe black power suit is not just for the office, it can be worked into any occasion, day or night, summer or winter.

Now lets be honest here, black is flattering, bit it's also extremely versatile (one of the biggest perks). You can wear it to a day in the office, to lunch with your girls, dress it up or quite literally dress it down. You really can't go wrong. This is probably the only time where I think anything goes. I love experimenting with different textures, new trends, or pairing different random black pieces together to create a whole new look.

Wearing black doesn't necessarily mean 'boring'. I am inspired by our favourite style stars who make black look anything but basic. For example, Alexa Chung's little black dresses are far from simple. My favourite 'Keeping up with the Kardasian' star Kendal Jenner, the queen of model-off-duty style, brings black on black to another level in some of her assembles. Gigi Hadid and Kate Moss are both perfect for adding sex appeal to a black on black look. And of course, my favourite... Audrey Hepburn, the queen of LBD's.

The outfit I have paired together above is an all time favourite black on black of mine. I pulled inspiration from other bloggers for this look, however, the time I saw something similar to this was last year's fashion week. After falling in love with the look, I went on a witch hunt this winter for the perfect long black coat. I wanted something that didn't drown me, yet kept me warm at the same time. I have always struggled with finding the right long coat due to my small height, however, this particular one from Missguided was a perfect match. It was love at first sight if I am being totally honest. I adore it, especially the fluffy collar, I feel like it breaks the colour up a little more than a block black coat would.

I paired the coat with my black midi body-con dress, also from Missguided. This dress is beautiful. I've always appreciated a warm jumper dress, especially in the winter for when I want to look glam, yet warm at the same time. The midi has a slit up the left side of the leg that gives the dress just the right amount of sexy.

My little black heels from New Look where a definite yes when I picked out this outfit. I've used these heels loads in the past few blogs due to them being so versatile and simply amazing.


I hope everyone's week is going okay so far. I've had a few drama's of my own since Monday, but I'm hoping everything will come together. There's nothing worse than starting a week on a bad note. 
 
Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous 
 
If you're interested in any photography portfolio work - Callummatthewsphotos@hotmail.co.uk
Twitter @callumography
 
Until next time....

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment