Sunday 21 February 2016

Royal blue


Hello hello hello! I am terribly sorry about my lack of posts during the past week or two. I've been super busy with work and beginning a new exciting career path. I hope you've all had a fabulous weekend, mines been much more productive than I'd hoped. I wouldn't have it any other way though. I'll forever be a workaholic who is driven and always motivated by the things around me.

The last time I wrote I mentioned how I've always wanted to go to London Fashion week. Well guess what? I AM GOING THIS WEEKEND. I had the best surprise last week and it almost brought me to tears. I am super excited to be able to experience the madness of LFW. I'll definitely be taking a camera to document what I'll be getting up to, so don't be worrying, you won't miss out. My very good friend Jen will be joining me on the adventure also, so London won't know what's coming. Double trouble to the extreme. 

My colour of the season is a powerful one. So for today's post, I wanted to keep it blue. With all the fuss around the latest trendy colours like nudes and browns, of the moment cobalt blue has somehow slipped through the radar once again!? Which is weird because it is such a bright colour that is really hard to miss. Colbalt blue also happens to be my favourite colour. I love how versatile it is, and how you can wear as little or as much as you'd like. People who look incredible in royal blue tend to look good in jewel tones and bolder colours. 

Cobalt blue, on the other hand, is incredibly modern and sleek. For an amazing work look, you can't go wrong with a colbalt blue dress. There's so much power in it, so make sure your own colouring can stand up to the show, otherwise the bold colour may just steal the show. 

Another reason why I am so fond of royal blue is because the colour is full of vitality. I believe everyone should have it in their wardrobe. Let's be honest here, a cobalt blue dress never goes amiss. But the fact is that, being such a fabulous colour, we sometimes wonder what we could possibly pair with it. However, like I styled my two piece above, you need to wear it with confidence. 

The two piece I am wearing above is absolutely beautiful. I've had this little number for a while now, however, I haven't got around to wearing it stupidly enough. I adore everything about it. The fit, the colour, the style, it's simply perfect and totally me. I've always loved a good two piece, and this one is officially my favourite to date. I purchased this a while ago, so I'm unsure whether it'll still be available to purchase. This one in particular is from the babes at Missguided

I paired it with my New Look lace up flat pumps. I've also had these beauts for a while now, however, I wear them so much because they go with basically everything. You can't go wrong with lace ups!

Thank you so much again for reading. I hope you've been enjoying my latest styles and posts. I've been currently working with a graphic designer to help make my blog more advanced, and basically look better in every way possible! So I'm super excited to show you the results very soon. 

Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous 
If you're interested in any photography portfolio work - Callummatthewsphotos@hotmail.co.uk
Twitter @callumography

Until next time....

 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment