Monday 7 March 2016

#LFWEEKEND

 

Hi all, I hope you've had an exciting weekend and a fab start to the week. I couldn't believe how atrocious the weather has been. Like I mentioned in my last post, I'm not a fan of snow. I love how beautiful it makes Liverpool look, however, it's a living nightmare for getting around and I rely on being able to get from A to B nowadays. I also can't rock a pair of welly's to save my life, and I've had to the past few days. Absolutely horrified. Who ever says that wellingtons are fashionable, are lying.

So how's everyone liking the new look for the blog? I'm over the moon with the way the logo is looking. I have a seriously incredible graphic design friend Jacob Bell who has not only inspired me, he has helped me bring my design and idea to life. I am thrilled with the final results. I wanted to create an animated version of myself to keep the blog as personal as I could. I never wanted to actually use my face, however, I want to be able to connect more with the reader. I originally wanted to keep the colours as close to the original picture as possible (or black and white), however, after exploring with colour combinations, we decided to mix both black and white and warm colours together. I adore the orange tones used in the images, it works really effectively. What's not to like about warm orange? it's a current fave!
 
Okay.... on with today's post. 
I wanted to take you behind the scenes of London fashion weekend. I had an amazing experience and I would recommend anyone with a 'passion for fashion' to definitely attend next year. I've never experienced a proper catwalk before, so that was a major highlight (as well as the exclusive access to the new clothing lines coming up in the next few months).
 
I wore a head to toe snake skin inspired outfit from Missguided. I struggled finding the perfect outfit for fashion weekend, I wanted it to be bang on trend with what's going on in the fashion world right now. I eventually decided to go with a snake skin skirt, black body, lace up pointed heels and a long black fur trimmed coat. I knew I wanted a full black outfit, however, after coming across the green snake skirt online, I knew I couldn't resist adding a little colour into my outfit. I love the current leopard/snake skin trend, it looks fabulous with the right accessories.
 
I wasn't sure whether the skirt was weather appropriate at first, however, the weather turned out amazingly. I would highly recommend anyone to go next year. I will most definitely be attending through the week. The next goal is to attend New York fashion week, that's the dream right? It's mine for sure.
 
I've linked below the clothes I am wearing, so get them before they go.
 
Skirt: Unfortunately sold out for the time being, however, here's a very similar style - https://www.missguided.co.uk/petite-snake-skin-faux-leather-mini-skirt-grey

If you're starting out and looking for your very own unique logo, please don't hesitate to get in touch with my talented friend Jake. You can connect with him through email -
 
Thanks for taking your time reading again, I am constantly overwhelmed by the amazing support I have with the latest posts. It makes everything worth while. Keep checking back for new upcoming trends and styles. Have a lovely week everyone!

Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous 
 
Until next time....
 
 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment