Thursday 14 July 2016

Summertime sadness

 
Hey guys!
 
I hope you are all well. I've once again fell behind on the blogging world, I seem to get far too distracted lately. However, I came across some new fashion social networks, and they've seemed to have inspired me to write about what I love again.
 
Today's post is a very rare occasion. I'm wearing jeans. I never ever wear jeans, and I forever get told off for it. I just never understand when people say "I'm a jeans and T-shirt type of girl.", like being this kind of girl implies that they are low maintenance and they are easy to wear, comfortable clothing. Guess what's low maintenance? a dress. Once single piece of material. There's nothing worse than going out for food and feeling like your top button of your skinny jeans are about to pop open and expose that food baby you're trying so hard to hide, I generally have zero time for that.
 
Since I was a child I've hated my legs, I've always found them to be very bulky, short and muscular (I like to call when footballers legs), and for this reason I've always stayed clear away from wearing jeans. I owned one pair growing up and I hated them. Don't get me wrong though, I love a good pair of skinny jeans, just not on myself. I tend to stick with high waist jeans/jeggings if I was to wear them, I feel like they're more flattering for my shape.
 
Another reason why I really dread shopping for jeans is because I struggle to get a nice fit. They're either too big on my waist line, or too long on my leg. I honestly have a nightmare every time I consider going shopping for a "nice comfy" pair of jeans to go with a cute top, I end up coming out with a skirt or dress every time.
 
Bottom line though - always be proud of your muscle and body. I have struggled with the feeling that I have "fat legs" my whole life, just because celebrities and Hollywood have made us feel like we should look like Victoria Secrets models, doesn't mean it's true. Own your shape and love yourself.

Jeans : Topshop
Top : Zara
Boot heels : Zara
Sunglasses : Asos
Bag : River Island

Thanks so much for reading, I really appreciate it. I've missed blogging, so let's hope I stick to it this time.
 
 Check out my Instagram for more fashion bits and bobs - www.instagram.com/chelslous 

If you're interested in any photography portfolio work, please contact my good friend Callum Mathews. He is currently taking summer bookings. 
 
 
Until next time....
 photo ghkg_zpsf3qy2pe1.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment